Saturday, 8 September 2012

Drip, sprinkler irrigation systems to be installed in Rawalpindi, Sargodha

Drip and sprinkler irrigation systems are to be installed on 3,000 acres in Rawalpindi Division and 1,850 acres in Sargodha Division as part of mega irrigation project Punjab Irrigated Agriculture Productivity Improvement Project (PIPIP). This was announced in a meeting chaired by Punjab agriculture secretary Muhammad Mushtaq Ahmad held at commissioner’s office Rawalpindi, according to a press release.

Director general Punjab in irrigation department Dr Muhammad Anjum Ali, director general water management Punjab Ch. Muhammad Ashraf, director agricultural information Punjab M. Rafiq Akhtar, executive district officers of agriculture and district officers of agriculture extension and farm water management of Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Mandi Bahauddin and Gujrat participated in the meeting.

Ashraf told the meeting that drip and sprinkler irrigation systems would be installed on 600 acres in Rawalpindi, 1000 acres in Attock, 500 acres in Chakwal and 600 acres in Jehlum Districts of Rawalpindi Division and similarly in Sargodha Division, 500 acres in Sargodha, 450 acres in Khushab, 600 acres in Bhakhar and 300 acres in Mianwali under PIPIP.

Furthermore, a drip and sprinkler irrigation system will be installed on 800 acres of Mandi Bahauddin and Gujrat. The government of Punjab will provide 60 percent share of the cost and the remaining 40 percent will be shared by farmers of the irrigation/water management project.

Asharf further said that four land laser leveller units will be provided in Rawalpindi Division while 73 land laser leveller units will be provided in Sargodha Division. The government of Punjab is providing a subsidy of Rs22,5000 per land laser unit.

During a briefing about Punjab Youth Festival and the provision of tractors under Green Tractor Scheme Ali said that transparent balloting is being scheduled for October 1 while winners of the Green Tractor Scheme will receive tractors on December 31. Ahmad told the officials of agriculture extension and farm management departments to get the work regarding the Green Tractor Scheme and PIPIP done according to schedule. He said any negligence in this respect will not be tolerated.
Original Article Here

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...